RoboVib Structural Test Station
The Next Step in Automated, Full-Field 3-D Vibration Measurement
RoboVib® removes many of the limitations of traditional contact transducer methods. By mounting a 3-D scanning vibrometer to a multi-axis industrial robot, RoboVib® is engineered to be a stable, auto-configurable 3-D vibration measurement station for whole-body vibration mapping of complex-shaped objects. This unique combination of technologies can reduce test times for experimental modal analysis (EMA) from weeks to days and from days to hours. The points to be measured can be derived from Finite Element (FE) models, thus facilitating model updating. Due to the increased productivity, test fields and prototypes are used more efficiently, and results are more quickly available.
The RoboVib® Structural Test Station is based on the PSV-500-3D Scanning Laser Vibrometer. To find out more about the specific capabilities of non-contact full-field vibration measurement please refer to the PSV-500-3D.
The RoboVib® was created because of one reason: To save time and money in the development process.
Using only contact transducers is time consuming because of:
- Defining and marking measurement points
- Mounting hundreds of sensors and dummy masses
- Checking for cross-wiring
- Sensor calibration
and repeating the same procedure after each modification of a prototype.
RoboVib® is different and overcomes these time killers with its unique features:
- Uses exisiting geometry data from a coarsened FE model for measurement point definition - no double data handling
- No sensor mounting for visible parts - less then one hour for a complete car body measurement set-up
- RoboVib® Software controls robots and scanning process - fully automated after setup
- High point density in a short time - perfect FE model update
- No supervision during scan - the night shift can be used for scanning
- RoboVib® can be clustered by using additional robots or linear stages - gain flexibility
- Results given at nodal points of the FE mesh - direct interface to post-processing in modal analysis packages such as ME'scope or VMap.
|Robot||Linear Axis||Max. Object Size (L x D x H)||Measurement|
|KUKA KR 120 R3500K Prime||KL1500 (5.0 m)||6.0 m x 1.1 m x 2.2 m||of the front, top and side (approx. half of a car body)|